A new home decor brand and e-commerce site revolutionising the way consumers shop for and decorate their homes.
With only 4% of people choosing to purchase their DIY products online we needed to build trust with consumers. In addition this was a brand new ad account which meant I was starting from scratch – no creative assets and no data. That meant I wasn’t 100% aware on the average order value (AOV), cost per purchase (CPP) or lifetime value (LTV) of the customer.
This account had many moving parts, I would be lying if I said I could summarise everything that happened in their ad account over the first 4 months. Broadly speaking I needed to immediately;
- Establish audiences and creative combinations that could work together
- Understand key metrics which shaped their account (primarily ROAS, CPP, AOV and CTR).
- Introduce automated rules to help control the daily ad spend and KPIs
I initially started with an ABO (ad set budget optimisation) campaign optimised for purchases alongside 5 different audiences to test. This gave me the initial data to understand what was working and what didn’t quite click. Ads like the one above gave me a wide variety of ads to save and use in new campaigns (to keep the social impressions – likes, comments, shares) and had a proven track record of success.
Over 4 months I worked on a variety of different tests including;
- Audience tests (interests, lookalikes, gender, age, location, behavioural)
- Wifi (Tip: Having wifi turned ‘on’ seems to be working really well at the moment)
- Bidding strategies
- Creative types; images, videos, carousel, collection etc
- £36,050 spent
- £156,171 generated
- 433% return on ad spend
- £5.76 average cost per purchase
- £24 average order value
These results helped Lick raise their next round of funding. The first 4 months were fantastic working together, after establishing winning creatives and audiences scaling the ad account became much easier.